Baked Mostaccioli. Baked Ziti. Baked Penne. Bakey Cheesy Pasta (that’s just what we call it in our house). They’re all various names for the exact same soothing recipe– tube-shaped pasta baked with rich-sauce and also great deals of ooey-gooey cheese.
Mostaccioli, ziti and also penne look a little different, but they taste the exact same. You won’t have the ability to tell the difference under all that glorious sauce and cheese, so utilize what comes in handy!
The secret to this weeknight-friendly baked mostaccioli is to make use of a high quality shook pasta sauce. We love any one of the Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauces, but if you want to utilize homemade, go for it! I recommend making your preferred recipe in bulk and also storing it in the freezer so you could still obtain the convenience of a ready-made sauce on busy evenings.
This recipe keeps it straightforward with just Italian sausage, pasta, cheese, onion, garlic as well as pasta sauce, yet it’s pleading for you to tailor it. Add in mushrooms, peppers, spinach, Alfredo sauce, different cheeses. I guarantee, you can’t mess this up.
As for the pasta option, that can be conveniently customized, as well. Go entire wheat, go gluten complimentary, go tri-color– whatever you have subjugating the house will function.
Table of Contents
- 1 Classic Baked Mostaccioli – Recipe 1
- 2 All Like Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 2
- 3 Taste of Home Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 3
- 4 Stove Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 4
- 5 Basic Baked Mostaccioli – Recipe 5
- 6 Remember Taste of Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 6
- 7 Mozzarella Baked Mostaccioli – Recipe 7
- 8 Italian Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 8
- 9 Freeze Mostaccioli – Dish 9
- 10 Baked Mostaccioli Covered Dish – Recipe 10
- 11 Baked Mostaccioli with Roasted Vegetables – Dish 11
- 12 Expert Tips for Baked Mostaccioli
Classic Baked Mostaccioli – Recipe 1
- 1 lb mild or hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound mostaccioli pasta, prepared and also drained pipes
- 1 container (25.5 oz) Muir Glen ™ natural pasta sauce
- 2 mugs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Preheat oven to 350 ° F. In a large frying pan over medium-high warm, brownish the Italian sausage up until prepared through, about 10 minutes. Include the onion as well as garlic, as well as chef up until simply tender as well as translucent, about 3 mins. Ensure to scratch up the browned little bits on the bottom of the frying pan.
2 In a big blending bowl, mix together the Italian sausage mix, cooked pasta and pasta sauce till well incorporated.
3 Layer fifty percent of the pasta mix into all-time low of a 9×13-inch baking meal and also top with fifty percent of the mozzarella cheese and also half of the Parmesan cheese. Spoon the staying pasta blend into the recipe to create a second layer.
4 Top with remaining mozzarella and also Parmesan cheeses. This double-decker layering approach implies there will certainly be lots of cheesy taste throughout the entire dish.
5 Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 mins, or up until the cheese is brown as well as bubbly. Eliminate from stove and let rest for 10 mins before offering. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
All Like Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 2
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 extra pounds lean hamburger
- 1 tbsp diced garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp newly ground black pepper
- 1 little onion, diced
- 2 (12-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15-ounce) could crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon beef base, such as Better Compared To Bouillon
- 1 tbsp poultry base, such as Better Compared To Bouillon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons steak spices, such as McCormick’s Montreal Steak Spices
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried out parsley
For the baked pasta:
- Grease, for the baking meal
- 1 extra pound dried out mostaccioli, prepared al dente
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups meat sauce, warm or at space temperature
- 2 1/2 mugs shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Making the sauce: Warm 2 tbsps of the vegetable oil in a huge skillet over medium-high heat. Include the beef, garlic, salt to preference, and the pepper as well as cook, separating the meat with a wood spoon, up until the beef is browned. Set aside.
2. Heat the rest of the oil in a big saucepan over medium-high warmth. Add the onion and also cook, mixing a little bit, until soft. Mix in all of the tomato items. Fill the tomato puree could with warm water, as well as stir in the beef and poultry base to dissolve. Add the mixture to the saucepan together with the Parmesan, steak spices, garlic salt, basil, as well as parsley, and give a simmer.
3. Add the beef to the sauce, decrease the warmth to low, and also simmer, exposed, for 1 hour, stirring periodically. Taste and also include salt, if needed.
4. Making the baked pasta: Preheat the stove to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
5. Toss the prepared pasta with 2 cups of the meat sauce and also 11/2 mugs each of the mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses. Mound the blend in the pie recipe and also top with the rest of the meat sauce as well as the mozzarella and Cheddar. Area the pie meal on a baking sheet, and also cook until gurgling and also golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Top with the Parmesan cheese and offer hot.
Taste of Home Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 3
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 extra pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 could (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 could (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 mug water
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp dried out basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay fallen leave
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 °. Cook mostaccioli inning accordance with package directions; drain and also reserved. At the same time, in a big saucepan, chef beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no more pink. Include garlic; cook 1 min. Drain.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce as well as paste, mushrooms, water, salt, sugar, basil, pepper as well as bay fallen leave. Give a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, Thirty Minutes, stirring sometimes.
3. Throw out bay fallen leave. Stir in mostaccioli. Spoon fifty percent into a 13×9-in. cooking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; layer with remaining meat mix. Spray with Parmesan cheese.
4. Cover and cook 30-35 mins or until warmed via. Allow stand 5 minutes prior to serving. Return: 10-12 servings.
Stove Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 4
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 tool eco-friendly pepper, diced
- 1 tool onion, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) could tomato sauce
- 1 mug water
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta, prepared 8 mins, drained pipes and also tossed with
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and separated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat stove to 350 degrees.
2. In large frying pan, integrate beef, eco-friendly peppers and also onion. Prepare up until meat has browned.
3. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and also water. Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 mins.
4. Put 1 mug of meat sauce blend into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
5. Top with half of the pasta.
6. Then a layer of 2 mugs of mozzarella cheese as well as all of the parmesan cheese.
7. For the following layer, add 2 mugs of sauce, staying pasta and mozzarella cheese.
8. Top with staying sauce.
9. Bake at 350 levels for 30-45 mins or up until warm and bubbly.
Basic Baked Mostaccioli – Recipe 5
- 2 mugs spaghetti sauce with meat, your fave (we choose Gramma’s Pasta Sauce (Cheater “from Scratch”).
- 3 mugs cooked mostaccioli noodles.
- 3 tbsps small curd cottage cheese or 3 tbsps ricotta cheese.
- 1 mug mozzarella cheese, shredded.
1. Preheat stove to 350 ° F.
2. Mix all ingrdients in a casserole dish, cover with Mozzarella.
3. Bake, covered if your cheese is browning as well promptly, until browned and also bubbily and heated up with.
Remember Taste of Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 6
- 2 pounds hamburger (chuck, round or sirloin … it does not actually matter).
- 1 whole white onion, diced little.
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic, shattered, peeled and also minced.
- 1 teaspoon dried out basil.
- 1 tsp dried out oregano.
- 1 tsp kosher salt.
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 pinches Italian seasoning.
- 1 pinch sugar.
- 1 (28 ounce) could of tomato sauce.
- 1/4 mug Parmesan cheese (divided).
- 8 ounces (or half pound) of penne lisce (mostaccioli noodles).
- 3 mugs grated mozzarella (do not utilize bagged cheese!).
- cut mushrooms (optional).
- minced parsley for garnish.
1. In a huge pot or dutch oven; prepare the ground beef, onions and also garlic up until the meat is no longer pink and also totally prepared.
2. Procedure and add in the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, Italian flavoring as well as stir.
3. Gather the tomato sauce and contribute to that the Parmesan cheese, the sugar, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Mix, cover and lower the temperature to low as well as allow it simmer for 15 mins.
4. On the other hand preheat your stove to 325 as well as bring a pot of water to a boil. Once it’s steaming, include the 8 ounces half a box of pasta as well as chef for half of the time as guided on the plan.
5. Drain and also incorporate the pasta with the sauce.
6. In an 8×11 cooking dish; layer fifty percent of the meat/sauce mixture. Leading with fifty percent of the shredded Mozzarella then repeat with the staying sauce.
7. Sprinkle half of the staying Parmesan, then the remaining Mozzarella and then spray the last of the Parmesan over the entire baking meal.
8. Bake for 40-45 mins or until the top is golden as well as the sauce is gurgling.
9. Offer warm with even more cut parmesan and also dice fresh parsley.
Mozzarella Baked Mostaccioli – Recipe 7
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, split
- 1/2 mug carefully cut onion, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, diced, split
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) canisters tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried out basil
- 2 tsps white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried out savory
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 mug diced eco-friendly bell pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) plan mostaccioli pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bundle fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large pan over medium warm; cook as well as stir 1/4 cup onion as well as 2 garlic cloves in the warm oil till onion is slightly transparent, concerning 5 minutes. Rise warmth to medium-high; add beef brew, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, sugar, parsley, thyme, savory, red pepper flakes, and also marjoram. Simmer mixture, mixing occasionally, till flavors have combined, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high warm; cook and also mix 1/4 mug onion and 1 garlic clove in the warm oil until onion is tender as well as somewhat transparent, about 5 mins. Cook and mix hamburger into onion blend till browned and also crumbly, 10 to 15 mins. Drain pipes excess oil.
3. Stir ground beef mixture and green bell pepper right into tomato sauce blend; simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat stove to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Put meat sauce, water, mostaccioli, and also shredded mozzarella cheese into a 3-quart glass baking meal; mix well. Cover meal with light weight aluminum foil.
6. Bake in the preheated stove for 20 mins. Remove aluminum foil and lay mozzarella cheese pieces over mostaccioli mix. Bake up until cheese is melted and gurgling, regarding 10 minutes.
Italian Baked Mostaccioli – Dish 8
- 1 extra pound of mostaccioli noodles
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 28 ounces could of crushed tomatoes in juice
- 6 ounce could of tomato paste
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 4 finely diced cloves of garlic
- 1 extra pound of ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons of dry basil
- 2 mugs of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 mug of grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and pepper to preference
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °.
2. Cook the onions and also garlic in a big pot on medium-high warmth with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once they are browned include the ground meat and chef till there is no more pink left.
3. Include the smashed tomatoes and basil as well as simmer on reduced warmth.
4. Whisk in the tomato paste to thicken the tomato sauce.
5. Flavor the sauce with salt as well as pepper as well as maintain warm.
6. Steam the Mostaccioli noodles in a large pot of boiling water as well as chef until done.
7. Stress the noodles and include them to the tomato saucepot and also toss.
8. Pour the noodles as well as sauce into a Reynolds ® Bakeware Non-Stick 9×13 covered dish frying pan.
9. Spray on the Mozzarella as well as Parmesan cheese over top of the noodles and sauce.
10. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is thawed as well as beginning to brown.
11. Garnish the recipe with any continuing to be cheese and also fresh cut basil.
Freeze Mostaccioli – Dish 9
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 mug of cut onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and also pepper for taste
- 4 mugs of meatless spaghetti sauce (I make use of 2 containers of 3 Cheese Prego.).
- 1 cup of water.
- 16 oz. of Mostaccioli pasta.
- 1 – 8 0z. package of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
1. Prepare the pasta (2 mins much less compared to the instructions on the box).
2. While pasta is cooking, brown beef, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Drain the mix.
3. Return the beef blend to the pot. Include the sauce as well as water. Simmer for 10 mins.
4. Incorporate cheeses in a separate dish.
1. In a 9×13 dish, layer noodles, sauce combination, as well as cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for HALF AN HOUR.
1. Construct dish in an aluminum foil pan.
2. Cover with saran wrap and then strong aluminum foil.
3. Freeze for up to 1 month.
From the Fridge freezer to the Table:
1. Entirely thaw recipe.
2. Get rid of saran wrap and aluminum foil.
3. Bake at 350 levels for HALF AN HOUR. Cover for the last 5 mins if recipe is obtaining too brown.
Baked Mostaccioli Covered Dish – Recipe 10
- 8 oz uncooked mostaccioli pasta.
- 1 pound hamburger.
- 3 mugs prepared Mrs. Salary Pasta Sauce.
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms.
- 1 cup chopped zucchini.
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
2. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions; drainpipe and set aside.
3. At the same time, in a large skillet, chef beef over tool heat until meat is not pink; drainpipe. Mix in the pasta sauce, mushrooms and also zucchini. Give a boil. Lower warm; simmer, revealed for Thirty Minutes. Mix in mostaccioli.
4. Transfer mostaccioli combination to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. cooking dish; spray with cheese. Bake, exposed, for 25-30 mins or up until heated via as well as cheese is melted.
5. You could either make the pasta sauce from fresh tomatoes as well as Mrs. Earnings Pasta Sauce Spices Mix or get prepared pasta sauce at the store to save time.
Baked Mostaccioli with Roasted Vegetables – Dish 11
- 2 red peppers, cored and cut right into 1-inch broad strips.
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch dices.
- 2 summertime squash, quartered lengthwise and cut right into 1-inch cubes.
- 4 cremini mushrooms, halved.
- 1 yellow onion, peeled as well as sliced into 1-inch strips.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 tsp salt, separated.
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, split.
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian natural herb mix or natural herbs de Provence.
- 1 extra pound penne pasta.
- 3 mugs marinara sauce (shop gotten or homemade).
- 1 mug grated fontina cheese.
- 1/2 mug grated smoked mozzarella.
- 1 1/2 cups icy peas, thawed.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1/3 cup for topping.
- 2 tbsps butter, reduced into tiny items.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. On a baking sheet, throw the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and also dried herbs. Roast up until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a huge pot of salty water to an outrage high warm. Include the pasta and also chef for about 6 minutes. Since you will certainly be cooking the pasta a second time in the stove, you want to make certain the in is still hard. Drain pipes in a colander.
4. In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with the baked veggies, marinara sauce, cheeses, peas, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Making use of a wooden spoon, carefully mix, up until all the pasta is coated with the sauce and the ingredients are combined.
5. Put the pasta into a greased 9 by 13-inch frying pan. Leading with the staying 1/3 cup Parmesan as well as butter items. Cook up until top is gold as well as cheese thaws, about 25 mins.
Expert Tips for Baked Mostaccioli
1. This dish collaborates with any type of kind of Italian sausage, so use warm, light or a combination of each– whatever you like ideal!
2. Shred your very own cheeses for the most ooey, gooey, melty outcomes.
3. Serve with a Caesar salad, garlic bread and a nice bottle of wine.
4. To make ahead– totally assemble after that refrigerate. Prepare the put together meal right before serving. You might have to add some cooking time due to the refrigeration. Making clean up less complicated, take into consideration foil lining the cooking recipe. Easy clean up is so great when entertaining!
5. Baked Mostaccioli, baked Ziti, baked Penne. Bakey Cheesy Pasta (that’s exactly what we call it in our house). They’re all different names for the very same reassuring recipe– tube-shaped pasta baked with rich-sauce and great deals of ooey-gooey cheese. Mostaccioli, ziti and penne look a little different, however they taste the exact same. You will not have the ability to discriminate under all that glorious sauce and cheese, so use exactly what’s handy!
6. This dish keeps it easy with simply Italian sausage, pasta, cheese, onion, garlic and pasta sauce, however it’s pleading for you to customize it. Include mushrooms, peppers, spinach, Alfredo sauce, different cheeses. I promise, you can’t mess this up. As far as the pasta option, that can be quickly personalized, as well. Go whole wheat, go gluten complimentary, go tri-color– whatever you have subjugating your house will certainly work.
7. The secret to this weeknight-friendly baked mostaccioli is to make use of a top quality rattled pasta sauce. We love any of the Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauces, yet if you want to make use of homemade, go for it! I advise making your favored dish in bulk and also storing it in the freezer so you can still get the comfort of a prefabricated sauce on active nights.